- Beef roast eye of round – 3 to 6 pounds (depending on if you want leftovers)
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Put a generous amount of salt and pepper around the outside of the roast.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Brown all sides of the roast in the olive oil.
- Place roast on baking dish and turn oven down to 475 degrees F.
- Cook roast at 475 for 7 minutes per pound.
- Turn off of the oven and leave the roast in for 2 1/2 hours. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR!
- Slice roast and serve or use in another recipe.